Procedures regarding inactive status
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR INACTIVE STATUS?
Pharmacists licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy who are not practicing pharmacy in Texas and who do not complete the required number of CE hours to renew their license.
HOW DO I PLACE MY LICENSE ON INACTIVE STATUS?
- Complete the application to renew your license.
- Check box #6 requesting the inactive status.
- Send the completed application and the renewal fee to the Board office.
HOW DO I REACTIVATE MY INACTIVE LICENSE?
- Contact the Board office to determine the amount of CE necessary to reactivate the license.
- Obtain certificates of completion for the number of ACPE--approved continuing education hours that would otherwise have been required for license renewal up to 45 hours.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- To place a license on inactive status, you must do so before the expiration date of the license.
- You may NOT practice pharmacy in Texas while your license is on inactive status.
- An inactive license must be renewed just like an active license.
If you have any questions, please contact the Licensing Division of the Texas State Board of Pharmacy at (512) 305-8012.