Pharmacy Technician Trainee Registration Application
A Pharmacy Technician Trainee is an individual who is registered with the board as a pharmacy technician trainee and is authorized to participate in a pharmacy's technician training program.
Technician Trainee registration is issued for only two (2) years and is not renewable.
All application fees are non-refundable – including applications made in error. Technician Trainee should take and pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam (PTCB.org) and upgrade before the technician trainee registration expires.
To obtain a technician trainee registration, complete the following:
- Register for a secure online account. Use a personal email address that belongs to you, not a school assigned email address.
- After you register and log-in, click on "apply for a new license" then click on "Initial Technician Trainee”. Assure the address you enter on the applicate is accurate (include apartment number). This should be an address where you receive mail from the US Postal Service.
- Pay the application fee with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express
- FINGERPRINT SESSION REQUIRED: Applicants must complete a fingerprint session, unless fingerprinted with a different application type for TSBP within the past 36 months. The fee for fingerprinting is less than $50. Applicants located in Texas, schedule a fingerprint session online at: https://uenroll.identogo.com/servicecode/11G3HG. Following the fingerprint session, keep the receipt for your records. Do not mail it to TSBP.
Applicants (using an address) not located in Texas, will receive a packet in the mail with a fingerprint form and instructions sheet because the approved state vendor does not always allow a digital scan. The fingerprint packet is automatically mailed to the address provided on the application. Allow 2 to 3 weeks the packet to arrive via U.S. Postal Service.
- Allow a minimum of three (3) weeks for registration to be issued (unless you have something on your background – refer to “Information Regarding Criminal History”.
Once an application is approved, a registration number is issued with ACTIVE status. Do not perform technician trainee duties until the ACTIVE status and registration number is issued.
Allow a minimum of 10 to 17 business days once the registration is issued for a certificate to arrive via U.S. Postal service at the address provided on the application.
ACTIVE registrations are verifiable online at: http://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsearch/tech_search.asp
Applicants are urged to refrain from contacting TSBP staff regarding open applications, especially if the application is not yet issued due to criminal history. Repeated attempts to reach staff further delays processing time. All “Yes” responses to Criminal Background Questions and any “Hits” of criminal history on your fingerprint results must be reviewed by an in-house enforcement officer. This review process may take several months. If you have nothing on your background, and it has been more than 4 weeks since you applied AND got fingerprinted, then perhaps you should contact TSBP staff.