Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources
Resources and information related to COVID-19 can be found compiled below.
- Governor Abbott’s statewide disaster declaration related to the COVID-19 pandemic expired on June 15, 2023. The last renewal of the declaration was issued May 15, 2023. You can find the final disaster declaration here.
- The COVID-19 Public Health Emergency declaration ended at midnight on May 11, 2023. Read the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services fact sheet about the end of the emergency declaration here.
- The 11th amendment of the PREP Act extends the authorization of certain health care professionals, including pharmacists to order and administer, and pharmacy technicians, to administer COVID-19 and flu immunizations under certain conditions. It does not extend authorization for pharmacists to order and administer, or pharmacy technicians to administer childhood vaccines; this provision ended with the expiration of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency declaration (May 11, 2023).
- Read the complete PREP Act here.
- This chart outlines the authorizations in the PREP Act amendments as compared with the Texas Pharmacy Act and TSBP rules.
Information Last Updated: January 2024