Continuing Education - Preceptors
The Texas Consortium of Experiential Programs (TCEP) is the approving body for preceptor continuing education (CE) in Texas. You can find approved providers of preceptor CE and live preceptor CE programs on the TCEP calendar of events. Providers with approved preceptor courses are listed on the first day of each calendar month. If any live courses are offered, these will be indicated on the scheduled date.
Preceptor CE requirements for initial certification and maintenance of an existing certification can be found in Board rule 283.6. You can also find a summary of these initial and continuing education requirements here.
If you have additional questions regarding which courses may be counted as preceptor CE, you can also reach out to the schools and colleges of pharmacy that comprise TCEP, as listed below:
- Texas A&M University Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy - Kingsville
- Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - Houston
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy - Amarillo
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy - Houston
- University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy - San Antonio
- University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy - Fort Worth
- The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy - Austin
- The University of Texas at El Paso School of Pharmacy - El Paso
- The University of Texas at Tyler Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy - Tyler