Online Renewal Process
Information required for accessing a registered online account:
- User ID (email address you provided when registering online account)
- Password (may be reset using the Forgot Password link on the log in page)
- Go to the login portal here: https://vo.licensing.hpc.texas.gov/datamart/login.do
- The first time you log into your online account, you will be asked if you are currently licensed.
- As indicated on the screen, answer No if you have used the online system before.
- This will direct you to the Quick Start Menu.
- On the right side of the Quick Start Menu, you should see your license information.
- Select the option to renew your license. This will direct you to the online renewal application.
Don’t see your license number information?
Contact the Online Help desk to update your account information, since you may have two online accounts.
Forgot your password?
Use the Forgot Password link on the left side of the login screen. You will be asked to answer a security question you set up for your online account. Another temporary password will be sent to the email address for the online account.
Changed your email address and have access to your online account?
Log into your online account with the previous email address as the user ID and update your user ID from the Update Profile on the right side of the menu. This will work only if you have not registered the new email address and you remember the password for the account.
No longer have access to your previous email address?
If your license has been linked to an account using an old email address as the user ID, email the Online Help Desk and provide your name, old email address, new email address, type of license, and license number. Request to have your user ID updated to your new email address, your license linked to this account, and have your password reset if needed.
Make sure you have completed all required continuing education (CE).
General CE requirements can be found in Board rule 295.8. Specific CE requirements for maintenance of certifications (preceptor, sterile compounding, immunization, etc.) can be found in summary form by clicking here.
My license is inactive. Do I need to renew?
Active and inactive licenses must be renewed every two years to maintain the license. There is no option to maintain a pharmacist license without renewing the license.
Do not wait until the last minute.
Accessing your online account is often the hardest and longest part of this process. Common error information is available from the FAQ section on the Login page.
How will I receive my renewal certificate?
The Texas State Board of Pharmacy will no longer mail renewal certificates. Instead, renewal certificates may be printed directly by the licensee.
>>Go to the Printing Portal
- Include your license number and name.
- The only way to contact the Online Help Desk is by email.
- The phone number on the Login page should be used ONLY for issues occurring when an application has been submitted AND you are experiencing issues using the PAYMENT system.
- Allow at least three business days for a response by email.
- Emails are responded to in the order in which they are received.
- Account changes cannot be made by phone. See FAQ section for common errors.