Information on Temporary Pharmacist Licenses

Governor Abbott has requested that the Board work with pharmacists to expedite the issuance of temporary licenses for out-of-state licensed pharmacists who are needed by Texas pharmacies to aid in the Texas Disaster Recovery effort.

If you are a pharmacist with an active license in another state, you may apply for a temporary pharmacist license.  The temporary license will allow you to work for a period up to 6 months.

Click for the link to begin this application.

If you anticipate continued employment beyond the 6 months in Texas, you should also immediately begin the licensure transfer process. Click for information to begin this process.